HOT READS FOR THE PRACTIONER
Who benefits: self
Consultant Usage: list might be useful to pass on to clients or customers
What’s it about? As you may recall, last week I thought my tolerant bosses might fire me for writing about a book that wasn’t exactly related to this Blog. Or being too controversial.
Neither happened, but I did get a email from them saying “Dude, shorten your postings.” Okay bosses, here is a short one!
The book editors of the New York Times recently gathered and decided to come up with a list of the top ten business books of all time. I love lists, so for your pleasure, here is what they came up with:
2. How to Win Friends & Influence People;
3. The One Minute Manager;
4. Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done;
5. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable;
6. What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful;
7. First, Break All the Rules: What the World’s Greatest Managers Do Differently;
8. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap … and Others Don’t;
9. The Art of War;
10. Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
Oh, you noticed that number one was missing. Well that is for two reasons. First, by not posting it I save space, which make my bosses happy; but more importantly, if you want to guess first you have that opportunity. Number one will probably surprise, but not shock you. Hit the link above to discover the answer to this awesome mystery!
And while you are you are there, read the reasoning behind why they selected each book.
And here is an invitation to comment. What book would you put in the top ten that isn’t there? Rules for this Blog: If you add one, you have to tell us which one you would take off!!!
Catch you later.
[tags]business books, top ten business books, self-development, bill bradley, william bradley, bradley[/tags]